- Being in nature can improve your mood.
- Having access to parks can increase physical activity and combat obesity.
- The Outdoors and their health benefits can be enjoyed by anyone regardless of who you are and where you come from.
- Contact with nature through hiking and biking improves all people's physical, mental and spiritual health.
- Outside adventures foster social connections which are vital to community cohesion and contribute to social well-being.
- For children, the outdoors foster active play, which is associated with physical, cognitive and social benefits.
- For adolescents, outdoor adventure improve mental and social health during what is often a challenging time of life.
- Hiking, backpacking and walking in the park use is linked to physical and mental health benefits among adults, especially older adults.
When you go outdoors for your adventure make sure you are outfitted with the right gear. You can easily carry all your gear and water in a hydration backpack. Care for your feet properly with sturdy shoes and moisture wicking socks, Alpaca and Merino wool socks are wonderful choices for a hike. Have sunscreen and extra snacks on hand. Find discounted and closeout outdoor gear at outdoorsocksandgear.com Enjoy the benefits of being in nature and get outdoors and enjoy the adventure.